Recipe courtesy of Nivin’s Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh Za’atar herb cleaned from stems washed and chopped.)dry za’atar could be used instead), thyme
- 1 cup white cheese ( akkawi nabulsi or queso fresco) crumbled.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In a stand mixer bowl beat in eggs and vinegar, until thick.
- Beat in oil.
- Detach the wire hook from the stand mixer, and use a spatula to stir in yogurt, Za’atar and cheese until combine.
- Fold in the flour mixture
- Prepare a cake mould, spray it with nonstick spray.
- Fill the cake mould with the batter.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!!😊
Share this Recipe