Recipe courtesy of Soumaya, Spatulicious
Soumaya is behind the account Spatulicious, an account for tasty, easy dishes for anyone who wants a simple, quick home cooked meal. She hosts private cooking classes, and shares recipes for different dietary restrictions. Not sure what to make for dinner or for your next big gathering? Head over to her page for some inspirations and recipes in both Arabic & English!
Soumaya’s Chef Feature Page
I am in love with “sijok” and the fact that the spices overpower the meat. I knew I had to make something with sijok, it can be put it on top of pizza or roll them with cheese rolls, but is perfect as a dip.
- .6 pound soujouk spicy sausage (300g)
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 tablespon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cinnamon, paprika, cayenne pepper dash of each
- 3/4 cup strained tomatoes (200ml) or two tablespoons of tomato paste, dissolved in hot water
- 1/4 cup corn for garnish, or more
- In a skillet, heat the oil, and saute onions until they are
- Add the meat and all the spices and cook fully.
- Add the strained tomatoes and reduce heat on low until the sauce is almost fully absorbed, approximately 10 minutes.
- Optional: clear pan of contents and saute the corn in the same pan for a couple minutes
- Serve with toasted pita bread
- Want to make the sausages yourself? We found this Soujouk recipe here
Share this Recipe