- 1/2 gallon heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart half n half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 slices American bread edges removed, and white center broken into pieces, approx. half inch each
- Dissolve corn starch in half n half. Add the sugar
- Heat the half n half and bread chunks over medium heat. Stir constantly and when it starts to boil, switch to low heat
- Three minutes after boiling, add orange blossom, and vanilla. Stir all together for two minutes.
- Set aside. Every 1/2 hour, stir until it cools. Once cooled, set in fridge. Stir once after couple hours.
- Stir before serving. Should be served cold and with honey.
- Optional serving suggestions: Place in flat dish topped with almonds, kiwi, mango, pine nuts.
- Serve with Syrup. Recipe here.
Share this Recipe
Recipe tips/suggestions? Please leave us a comment!