- Set milk in pot over medium heat. When layer of froth forms and rises at the top (may take 20 minutes, check and keep an eye on it so it does not overflow pot), take it off heat.
- When the temperature of the milk is about 113F (check on it after 45 minutes). Transfer to a heavy duty tupperware and add and stir in the 1/3 cup laban. Stir about ten times and cover.
- Cover the tupperware with a heavy blanket and leave out for 8-9 hours.
- After the 9 hours, dab the top of the laban with paper towels to remove the layer of liquid (this will ensure that the laban is a little thicker). When done, add a clean paper towel to the top and place in fridge and after 4 hours change the paper towels again.
- Reserve four tablespoons of the laban in a separate container in the fridge for the next time you want to make a fresh batch
- This laban is great for grape leaves, stuffed vegetables, with vermicelli rice, toasted bread, and many other dishes.
Share this Recipe
Recipe tips/Suggestions? Leave us a comment!