Recipe courtesy of Patty Darwish with PattysFoodFare.com
Patty Darwish is the experienced recipe developer and personal chef behind PattysFoodFare.com. As a Lebanese American, Patty presents Lebanese Food infused with mid-west flare. We appreciate her use of healthy Mediterranean ingredients and the beautiful Mediterranean salads & dishes she creates with them. We also love all the healthy vegan and vegetarian Middle Eastern & Mediterranean dishes she shares!
Patty’s Your Lebanon Chef Feature Page
Sometimes the simplest ingredients can make the best dishes. This recipe varies from home to home making it special and unique. Over the years, I have tweaked it with different flavors. This particular recipe is loved by my daughters who are always looking for healthier versions of dishes.
My mother would make this dish and pour it into small ramekins and top it with nuts and honey. It’s perfect after any meal or enjoyed with a cup of coffee or tea. The delicate flavor of orange blossom water puts this pudding on a level of its own.
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup grated sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom or rose water
- 1/2 cup pistachio
- 1 tablespoon crushed rose petals
- 1/2 cup honey
- To prepare the pudding, place cornstarch in a bowl and add 1 cup milk and mix. Place the 5 other cups of milk, coconut and cornstarch mixture in a pot and boil over medium heat.
- Using a whisk, continue to whisk ingredients together until mixture thickens. This process may take 5-7 minutes after it boils. Be careful to not over heat the milk and burn the bottom of the pan.
- After mixture has thickened, add the orange blossom water and give it one last whisk.
- Pour mixture into individual ramekins and allow to cool.
- Top with chopped pistachio, rose petals and honey.
Share this Recipe