Recipe feature courtesy of The Hummus Theory
|Prep Time||50 minutes|
- 1 small butternut squash peeled & cubed
- 1 red onion cut into half circles
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp zaatar
- 1 tbsp dill
- Salt & pepper to taste
- For the garnish:
- Feta cheese Nabulsi cheese works too!
- Preheat oven at 180C. Place squash cubes and red onion on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Season with salt & pepper and roast in an oven for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
- In a bowl, add the roasted vegetables, chickpeas, parsley, olives and sundried tomatoes.
- Whisk dressing ingredients and add to salad.
- Garnish with feta cheese and walnuts and serve.
Visit YourLebanon.com/Zaatar for more Za'atar recipes!
Celebrate Za'atar day every year on September 23!
Share this Recipe