Recipe courtesy of Roola.92
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl combine water, sugar, yeast and set aside for 10 min.
- In a another large bowl combine the other ingredients,work the mixture with your hands.
- Now, make a well in the middle and pour in the yeast and water mixture and knead until dough is elastic smooth and no longer sticky.
- Form dough into a ball, cover and place in a warm spot, leave to rise for 1 hours.
- Prepare the za’atar topping. While dough is rising, mix together the za’atar spice and olive oil in a bowl.
- After an hour, divide the dough into balls.
- Add the food coloring to each one and knead them until the color is fully mixed.( for regular manakish you can skip this step)
- Cover with towel and let rise for an additional 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220 c.
- On a floured surface, roll out each dough ball.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Top the flatbread with the za’atar mix, leaving a little bit of room on the edges for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown the bottom.
Share this Recipe