Recipe courtesy of Nivin of Nivin’s Kitchen
We came across Nivin of Nivin’s Kitchen when we first started Your Lebanon and it was one of the accounts that steered us towards featuring homemade dishes, recipes & presentation inspirations. Nivin’s motto above really shows through her work, as she shows her followers the best ways to make even seemingly difficult dishes. We are also inspired by her selection of beautiful dishes and plating to present her food!
Nivin’s Chef Feature Page
- 2 cups fine bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 onions diced
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs full of tomato paste
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red peppers diced
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint or 2 tbs dried mint
- 4-6 pieces of green onions diced
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste red pepper flakes optional
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbs Pomegranate Molasses
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- In a big bowl add bulgur and water cover and set aside ( add more water if you like bulgur to be softer).
- Meanwhile, in a pan, sauté chopped onion in olive oil until translucent. Add paste, sauce and spices and stir to combine.
- Add the onion mixture to bulgur and mix well.
- Add lemon juice, pomegranate molasses and olive oil. And stir.
- Before serving add chopped vegetable and mix to combine.
- Serve in a nice big bowl with lettuce leaves around.
Share this Recipe