Recipe courtesy of Chef Leyla Fathallah
Chef Leyla Fathallah is a TV presenter, chef and host with FataFeat Channel and others, and the founder of L Cuisine Catering. She’s been featured in publications and workshops throughout the Middle East for her dishes and recipe shares. She is an avid supporter of Middle Eastern chefs and known by all who follow the Middle Eastern food scene. As an educator and encourager of Arabic cuisine, starting over a decade ago, our chef features would not be complete without her!
Leyla’s Your Lebanon Chef Feature Page
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup ground pistachio
- 1 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- oil and flour to cover baking dish
- chocolate, pistachios and frosting for decorating the top
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Cover the bottom and sides of the baking dish with oil and flour
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish, and bake on 170C (330F) for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool, then spread the chocolate along the edge and decorate with pistachios and white frosting.
Share this Recipe