Sfouf is a delicious Lebanese semolina cake. There are many variations but this is my mom’s and definitely the favorite of everyone who tries it.
I’ve used our partner Ziyad Brand semolina and sesame seeds for this recipe.
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups semolina Ziyad Brand fine yellow smeed
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- Ziyad Brand sesame seed or almonds for topping
- Dilute turmeric in milk (mix well)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Knead the ingredients together, it should have a medium thick consistency
- Butter the tray
- Smooth the mixture into the tray
- Sprinkle Ziyad brand sesame to cover top fully
- Set oven at 350 and bake for 40 min, will be golden when finished. If top not golden, broil for a couple minutes but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn
- Enjoy with your favorite coffee or tea!
If you like carob molasses, try our Sfouf b Debis recipe (with carob molasses)
Share this Recipe