My mom loves mixing carob molasses with tahini, so it’s no surprise that Sfouf bi Debis is one of her favorite cakes. Sfouf bi debis is a fluffy vegan cake made with anise seed, popular for breakfast and tea time.
- 7 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground anise seed
- 2 1/4 cups carob molasses
- raw almonds for garnish
- toasted white sesame for garnish
- vegetable oil spray
- In a large bowl, mix the flower with the sugar, molasses, vegetable oil, baking powder, and ground anise seed. It must be mixed very well (knead it).
- Mix in the water
- Spray tray with vegetable oil. Add the dough
- Add raw almonds and sesame toppings and set in oven to bake at 350F.
- Check on it after 30-35 minutes. If top is firm it is done. If top still soft leave additional few minutes.
Try our delicious Sfouf with Turmeric recipe too!
Share this Recipe
Recipe tips/suggestions? Please leave us a comment!