Our favorite Meghli recipe! We serve this special rice pudding to celebrate the birth of a new child.
- 2 cups rice powder
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 12 cups water
- 1/4 cup crawya
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon blossom water
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 cup ground almonds grind raw almonds
- toppings for garnish see notes below
- Mix all the DRY ingredients (except for the almonds) in large pot
- Set pot over medium heat and mix in the water, slowly, constantly stirring from beginning to end
- When boil starts, add blossom water, rose water and ground almonds. Set to low heat and stir while boiling for 6 minutes
- Set aside to cool. Stir a few times the next couple hours
- Keep refrigerated. Stir again before serving.
- Decorate with following optional toppings (keep in fridge until ready to use)
- Very fine Coconut shreds
- Golden Raisins
- Soaked & peeled almonds, pine nuts, walnuts (all nuts should be soaked for preferably a couple days prior. Do this by putting nuts in container full of water and refrigerate)
- Ground pistachio
- Best served cold
Share this Recipe
Recipe tips/suggestions? Please leave us a comment!