Try out our Sh3aybeye dessert, made with filo dough, ashta clotted cream and cheese! A party favorite. The difference from osmaliyeh is that this entire dish is baked with a different cheese while for the osmaliyeh you only bake the filo dough.
- 16 oz shredded filo dough (phyllo) softened, make sure to separate, cut, untangle the pieces
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 20 oz sweet cheese softened, shredded (usually found in Arabic store freezer)
- 6 oz ashta link to homemade recipe in notes
- Melt butter and mix with the filo dough in a big bowl.
- Mix cheese and Ashta together
- Put half the dough at the bottom of a tray (makes tray 15 1/2 inch by 10 1/2 inch, layer with the cheese and Ashta mixture.
- Add the remaining dough evenly over the cheese
- Bake 400F on the second rack from the bottom of the oven. Check after 20 minutes, if it is a golden color, take it out.
- Add simple syrup when serving, recipe in notes.
Our homemade Simple Syrup Recipe
You can prepare the dish ahead of time and set in freezer. Take it out the night before and place in fridge or on counter four hours before baking
Share this Recipe