- 4 sticks unsalted butter melted over stovetop
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 eggs please note this recipe calls for raw eggs
- 2 packs tea biscuits about 24 cookies in each pack, broken into pieces
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder in big bowl
- Stir the melted butter into the bowl
- Mix in vanilla extract and both eggs
- Add the biscuit pieces and combine them with the rest of the ingredients (do not break the pieces too much while mixing)
- Put the mixture into plastic wrap and roll into log shape (can also use foil paper or a loaf pan)
- Wrap with another layer of plastic wrap and roll again
- Set in the freezer for 30 minutes, and then roll the log again to keep it a round shape and put it back in the freezer
- Logs should stay in the freezer for at least 6 hours to properly solidify
- Enjoy while still cold (do not pull it out until ready to serve- should not be left outside for over 2 hours)
- Please note that this recipe calls for raw eggs. The eggs can be substituted with sweetened condensed milk. 2 (4oz) containers of condensed milk can replace the raw eggs but please make sure to remove or lesson the powdered sugar. More biscuits can be added if the mixture loosens.
Share this Recipe
Recipe tips/suggestions? Please leave us a comment!
8 thoughts on “Biscuit au Chocolat (Lazy Cake) Recipe”
Hi! Thank you for.includong the substitution for raw eggs, but is it possible to know the measuring?
How much sweet condensed milk would be needed for this recipe?
The eggs can be substituted with sweetened condensed milk. 2 (4oz) containers of condensed milk can replace the raw eggs but please make sure to remove or lesson the powdered sugar as the milk will be sweet. More biscuits can be added if the mixture loosens.
If I substitute the raw eggs with condensed milk.should I keep the same amount of powdered sugar ?
Please adjust the amount of powdered sugar by using a quarter of the amount of the sugar. We haven’t done it with the condensed milk but our friends who have removed the sugar from the recipe completely!
what does 4 sticks of butter equals to?
4 sticks of butter is equivalent to 454 g
Hi! Can I use regular white sugar instead of powdered?
Hi, it has to be powdered sugar. With granulated you will feel the texture in the bite, the powdered mixes better with the other ingredients! I hope you will try and like the recipe, thank you for your question!