This has to be one of my favorite egg dishes that I learned from my mom. Ijjeh is a baked egg dish made with parsley, onions, potato (or flour), and of course, the eggs!
servings, or more
- 3 cups parsley rinsed, chopped
- 3/4 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 medium potato shredded, or alternately 1/4 cup flour
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil 2 reserved for coating pan
- Coat 8 by 11” pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Chop parsley.
- Shred potato & mix all ingredients in a medium bowl
- Set mixture in pan
- Set in oven 450F (200C) on the second to bottom shelf for 20 minutes. Dish will be ready when slightly golden on top and sides.
- We eat it at room temperature but can be served straight from oven
Share this Recipe