- 2 cups lentils cleaned, soaked in water
- 2 medium yellow onions diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice soaked in water, or you can use burgul
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 3. Sautee onions with olive oil for ten minutes on high heat until dark brown, stir occasionally
- Add the onions, drained lentils, and 12 cups of water to a pot
- Cover and cook on high until boil
- Put on low for five minutes
- Try the lentils- when they are half way cooked, add drained rice to the lentils and cook for another 20 minutes. Check in to see when rice and lentils are fully cooked, or if more water is needed. If too much water left, cook with cover
- Add black pepper and salt to taste
- Serve with Malfouf salad. Recipe here.
- We often substitute the rice with bulgur, as seen in the photo.
Share this Recipe
Recipe tips/suggestions? Please leave us a comment!